Please read the following lesson descriptions carefully.
For lesson descriptions, please read the American Red Cross's Swimming and Water Safety Skills Chart for Levels 1-6, plus Parent & Child..
Participates must be 15 years old upon completion of the course. This course focuses on the lifeguard's job in a swimming pool environment through a combination of classroom and hands-on practice.
During Lifeguard Training you will learn:
- Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries
- Rescue skills-in the water and on land
- First aid training and professional rescuer CPR to help you prepare for any emergency
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities
Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
Participates must be 16 years old upon completion of the course and pass a pre-course written and water safety skills test. WSI will train individuals to teach the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Courses.
During WSI you will learn:
- How to use course materials
- Develop lesson plans
- Conduct classes
- Evaluate Students
- Complete course records
Still have questions about LARPD's aquatic offerings? Contact our aquatic coordinator at email@example.com.