The LARPD Foundation
The LARPD Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation supporting Livermore area parks and community resources, nature programs, special events, Ravenswood Historic Site and community beautification efforts.
The primary objectives and purposes of this corporation shall be:
- To aid, sponsor, promote, advance and assist the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District in the provision of public parks, recreation and community services with an emphasis on the underserved and/or disabled, whether seniors, adults or youth.
- To cooperate with and support LARPD and other community organizations in the development of interpretive, recreational, educational, environmental and community service programs throughout the Park District for the benefit and enjoyment of people in the service area.
- To receive, invest and manage funds acquired through dues, donations, grants, gifts, bequests and solicitations in furtherance of the purposes and goals of the corporation and LARPD.
Everyone benefits -- especially children, teens, students and seniors through the LARPD Foundation's recreational, educational and life-enriching activities and programs. The LARPD Foundation works with and supports the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District and other community organizations to develop interpretive, recreational, educational, environmental and community service programs throughout the community for the benefit and enjoyment of the people in the LARPD service area.
Donations to the LARPD Foundation helped fund:
- The Senior Holiday Light Tour
- Scholarships for low-income children and seniors
- The new Robert Livermore Community Center sign
- View the LARPD Foundation 2014 Annual Report for more!
Give a Gift to the Community!
- Buy a brick to support sports fields!
- Honor a loved one through the Memorial Donation program -- NEW: Read the Memorial Donation FAQs.
- Join the LARPD Foundation! Call 925-487-5965 for more information.
Support the LARPD Foundation for FREE!
Enroll in the SHARES program by calling 1-800-692-5710. Participating stores include Lucky, Food Max or Save Mart stores, and 3 percent of qualified purchases will go to the Foundation.
Support LARPD Preschool for FREE!
When shopping for groceries, it's easy to help support LARPD Preschool programs. Enroll in Safeway's eScrip program or register for Raley's/Nob Hill's Quality of Life program to participate! With these programs, a portion of your grocery bill will be sent to support scholarships for LARPD preschool programs. Please click here for more information.
All LARPD Foundation donations are 100 percent tax-deductible. To donate, write a check payable to "LARPD Foundation." Mail or deliver checks to:
P.O. Box 3403
Livermore, CA 94551
Contact The LARPD Foundation
4444 East Ave., Livermore, CA 94550-5053
President Randy Schlientz