No map available.
Off N. Vasco Road
Historical name. Purchased from the Walker family Jan. 28, 1994 for $1.5 million through a partnership with the Trust For Public Lands. The land was owned by the Walker family from 1973-94, and by the Nissen family from 1924-73, prior to that it was owned by John Elliott, and Sally and Tom Scullion. The Nissen family used the land for farming: volunteer hay, some barley, a little wheat, and for sheep and cattle grazing. The surrounding property was owned at the time of the purchase by the Walkers, Jackson and the Contra Costa Water Company. The property features several small caves and sandstone outcroppings, including one that's long been called "Post Office Rock" for the holes in which children used to leave love letters; and the 1911 grave of former owner John Elliott.
The East Bay Regional Park District operates a portion of Brushy Peak that is open to the public. Access is from Laughlin Road.