Payments, Deposits and Refunds
Damage & Compliance Deposit
The Damage and Compliance Deposit is due when you submit your Facility Rental Application. This fee is refundable after the event as follows:
- • 100 % if cancellation request is received in writing within 7 business days of initial submission
- • Non-refundable after 7 business days of initial submission
Remaining balance is due as follows:
50% is due 120 days before the event
Final Balance is due 30 days before the event
All requests for cancellations and/or refunds must be submitted, in writing, by the person who signed the contract and will be determined as follows:
- • 120 (calendar)days prior to event – Deposit is withheld
- • Less than 120 (calendar) days prior to event – All fees paid are forfeited
The Damage & Compliance Deposit is added to your total rental fees and is fully refundable after your event, provided there has been no damage to the location AND all policies and/or procedures have been complied with. This deposit is refunded within 15 business days of your event. Conditions which lead to withholding part or all of the Damage & Compliance Deposit include, but are not limited to:
- Use of the location exceeds the contracted rental time period.
- Number of persons attending the event exceeds the contracted number of expected guests
- LARPD equipment is damaged during the rental period.
- Additional staff time required for special services or items not prepaid on the permit but used during the rental period
Renter will be liable for any and all costs associated with services already performed for their rental, including equipment rental and previously arranged staff time.
How Much Does This Really Cost?
Rental fees are based on whether you are a Resident, Non-resident, Nonprofit or Commercial organization (see Rental Fee Category Definitions.) The total rental fee will depend on a number of factors, but the following is an example of costs that may be associated with your reservation:
- Damage & Compliance Deposit* - This deposit is fully refundable after your event, provided that there is no damage to our facility and all terms and conditions have been complied with.
- Facility Rental Fee - This is the base rental fee for the facility you have selected, and your Rental Fee Category group (see Rental Fee Category Definitions).
- Insurance -
LARPD requires all renters to provide “special event insurance” to cover any event in which there will be more than 60 people in attendance or where there may be the potential for liability responsibility. This coverage is available through LARPD or through your own home or business owner’s insurance. Your insurance agent can help you with individual coverage, if necessary.
- Alcohol Permit –
This permit allows you to be able to serve or sell alcohol at your event. If you are selling alcohol, you will also be required to obtain a special permit from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Agency and provide additional liquor liability insurance. Serving and selling alcohol is PROHIBITED at any event where the guest of honor is under the age of 21. LARPD is not responsible for any such violations by the lessee of the ABC permit or the law with respect to alcohol.
- Security –
Security guards are required any time you have more than 80 people expected at your event or if you are serving/selling alcohol at your event, regardless of the number of guests. Security guards will be hired by LARPD.
Again, the above fees may or may not apply to your event, and there may be other fees not listed that will be added. Until a Facility Request Application is received, it is difficult to give an exact quote.