Thank you for your interest in the facilities and resources of the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District (LARPD). It is our goal to assist you in the planning process by providing you the best available location possible for your event. The following is an outline of the reservation/rental process. Since each event is different, all the items below may or may not apply to your event.
In the Beginning:
Choosing the right location is one of the key elements to holding a successful event. LARPD has a number of locations to choose from; finding one that is right for you is a snap!We offer a wide variety of rental spaces to choose from. Be sure to choose the one that best suits your needs. Consideration should be given to:
- Selecting the right size space for your event including room for tables, chairs, food, DJ, etc.
- The cost(s) of the entire rental vs. your budget (see sample attachment)
- Giving yourself enough time for set up/decorating, your “main event time” and clean up
- Accepting the responsibility for compliance with all LARPD terms and conditions. (may differ by location)
- Any other events in or near the facility that may have an impact on your event
Make sure you select a venue that will be able to hold all the things associated with your event, such as:
- Number of guests including children must stay within the reserved area.
- The number of tables and chairs for your guests
- Entertainment you may have (DJ, band, dancers)
- Tables for food
- Areas for registration, gifts, an area for dancing for your guests
LARPD reserves the right to refuse a request if the space/facility is not deemed appropriate for the desired event (due to size of event, resources needed, community considerations, etc.)Here is a list of our venues:
Please call for information regarding rental of the following Special Use facilities:
Food, Decorations And Entertainment
The renter is responsible for all vendors they contract with, such as caterers, DJs, bands, event coordinators/planners and equipment rental companies. Please choose your services carefully and use reputable vendors. They can affect your Damage & Compliance Deposit refund.
- Catering - LARPD does not provide catering services, so you must provide your own food and beverages, whether on your own or using a professional catering company.
- Decorations - The use of decorations varies from location to location. Make sure you understand what you can and cannot do in the location you have selected to rent. (see terms and conditions)
- Music – LARPD is required, by law, to abide by the noise ordinances of the City of Livermore. The noise level must not exceed 60 dB (decibels) at the boundary of our property. This will be monitored by LARPD staff, and renter’s vendor(s) must comply with requests to adhere to the District Rules and Regulations.
- Cleaning / Set Up / Take Down
The contracted rental period must include time for set up, take down and cleaning (the exception is set up and take down of LARPD equipment at the RLCC, which is done by LARPD staff).
- Clean up - The renter is responsible for removing all decorations and trash from the rented location. There may also be a requirement for cleaning of kitchen facilities, if used, depending on the location. LARPD provides the necessary cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Set up/Take down- At the Barn and Veterans Memorial Hall, the renter is responsible for setting up and taking down all tables and chairs needed. With prior arrangement, LARPD staff may be requested to assist for an additional fee.
If you have any further questions or would like to check the availability of a venue, please contact the Facilities Rental Department at email@example.com or 925-373-5708.
Due to the tremendous volume of inquiries and rentals received, it may take up to 48 hours for a response. We appreciate your patience!