Thank you for your interest in the facilities and resources of the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District (LARPD). It is our goal to assist you in the planning process by providing you the best available location possible for your event. The following is an outline of the reservation/rental process. Since each event is different, all the items below may or may not apply to your event.
In the Beginning:
Choosing the right location is one of the key elements to holding a successful event. LARPD has a number of locations to choose from. Be sure to choose the one that best suits your needs. Consideration should be given to:
- Selecting the right size space for your event including room for tables, chairs, food, DJ, etc.
- The cost(s) of the entire rental vs. your budget
- Providing sufficient time for set up/decorating, your main event and clean up
- Accepting the responsibility for compliance with all LARPD terms and conditions. (may differ by location)
- Events adjacent or near the facility that may have an impact on your event
Select a venue that will be able to accomodate all details associated with your event, such as:
- Number of guests including children must stay within the reserved area.
- The number of tables and chairs for your guests
- Entertainment you may have (DJ, band, dancers)
- Buffet and cake tables
- Areas for registration, gifts, photo booth and ceremonies
LARPD reserves the right to refuse a request if the space/facility is not deemed appropriate for the desired event (due to size of event, resources needed, community considerations, etc.)Here is a list of our venues:
Food, Decorations And Entertainment
The renter is responsible for all vendors they contract with, such as caterers, DJs, bands, event coordinators/planners and equipment rental companies. Please choose your services carefully and use reputable vendors. They can affect your Damage & Compliance Deposit refund.
- Catering – LARPD does not provide catering services, linens, dishes, glasses or flatware. We welcome you to provide your own food and drinks or select from your favorite catering service.
- Decorations – The use of decorations varies from location to location. Decor can be reviewed with the Facilities Coordinator. Arrangements can be made for pipe-and-draping or cultural decor. Tape, sticky adhesives, staples, tacks and/or nails may not be used except at The Barn (see Rules and Regulations).
- Music – LARPD is required, by law, to abide by the noise ordinances of the City of Livermore. The noise level must not exceed 60 dB (decibels) at the boundary of our property. This will be monitored by LARPD staff, and renter’s vendor(s) must comply with requests to adhere to the District Rules and Regulations.
- Cleaning / Setup / Take Down – The contracted rental period must include time for set up, take down and cleaning (the exception is set up and take down of LARPD equipment at the RLCC, which is done by LARPD staff). Starting Jan. 1, 2015, we will provide standard event cleaning service at Ravenswood and the Community Center.
- Self-Cleanup – The renter is responsible for removing all decorations and trash from the rented location. All kitchen facilities must be left clean. LARPD provides the necessary cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Set up/Take down – At the Barn and Veterans Memorial Hall, the renter is responsible for setting up and taking down all tables and chairs needed.
- LARPD Cleanup – We will clean the kitchen and rental space for an additional fee.
If you have any further questions or would like to check the availability of a venue, please contact the Facilities Rental Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-373-5703 or 925-373-5708.
Due to the volume of inquiries and rentals received, it may take up to 48 hours for a response. We appreciate your patience!