Ravenswood Historical Site
2647 Arroyo Road
Ravenswood was built by Christopher A. Buckley Sr., known as the "Blind Boss" of San Francisco politics in the 1870s and 1880s. While it served as a summer home for the Buckley family from 1885 to 1920, it was also one of the larger early vineyards in the Livermore Valley, with 100 acres in grapes and winery production of 500,000 gallons per year. In 1931, the estate was acquired by a Catholic order, the Redemptorist Fathers. Called "Villa San Clemente" by the priests, Ravenswood served as their religious retreat for more than 30 years. In 1968, Ravenswood was purchased by developer Masud Mehran, who gave the core 32.6 acres to be used as a park. The 1891 Main House and 1885 Tank House were restored by LARPD in 1979. The 1885 Cottage was restored in 1986. Ravenswood is on the National Register of Historic Places, is a State of California Historical Point of Interest and is a City of Livermore Historic Preservation Landmark Site. Free public tours are given by costumed docents on the second and fourth Sundays of each month (except the fourth Sunday in December), from noon to 4 p.m. Two annual community events are held at Ravenswood: the Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social on the second Sunday in August and the Victorian Yuletide on the second Sunday in December.
- Ravenswood is a lovely 1885-era Victorian country estate in a setting of gardens and palm trees. Rental includes use of the main house, grounds and gazebo.
- Free docent tours are held the second and fourth Sunday of each month at Ravenswood from noon to 4 p.m.
- Available seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m in summer months and 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. during winter season.
- Maximum capacity is 150 seated inside/outside April 1 to Oct. 31. A maximum of 70 can be seated banquet style inside.
- Rental includes use of 29 six-foot rectangular tables and 150 chairs. Setup and take down of tables and chairs and use of the kitchen are included in the fee. Round tables and umbrellas are also available with rental of the venue. Catering and decorating are the responsibility of the renter.
- Wedding/wedding reception events package includes an hour of rehearsal and liquor permit.
- Alcohol is allowed with permit. Beer, wine and champagne only; no hard alcohol is allowed.
- Bands are not allowed; DJs and certain acoustical instruments are acceptable.
NEW: Starting Jan. 1, 2015, a standard event cleaning fee will be charged for all rentals.