LARPD Volunteer Opportunities
- Living Arroyos -- Volunteers are needed to help this multi-agency partnership enhance and maintain the streams and streamside habitats of the Livermore-Amador Valley. LARPD partners with the City of Livermore, Zone 7 Water Agency and the City of Pleasanton for this program. Learn more at the Living Arroyos website.
- Clerical - Volunteers are needed to help with preparation of basic clerical work and assist staff. Space is limited; please call to see if there is clerical work available.
- Community Service - Volunteers are needed to assist staff with set-up and clean-up of small and large events held at the Robert Livermore Community Center. Hours will vary but are flexible.
- Extended Student Services (K-5) - Volunteers will assist in various activities for kindergarten through fifth graders such as art and crafts, music, sports, homework and much more. Flexible hours and days.
- Foundation Board Member - Volunteers needed to help fundraise to support LARPD parks, facilities and programs. Foundation members are expected to attend four meetings per year. If interested, call 925-373-5786.
- PAL - Volunteers are needed to help tutor middle school students after school. Tutors must be at least 17 or older.
- Children's Fair- Volunteers needed to help with the annual LARPD Children's Fair, held in September. Volunteers help run bounce houses and more.
- Senior Services - Volunteers needed 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday in Senior Services area to prepare coffee, greet visitors and provide information as needed. Volunteers are also used as party assistants and instructors for enrichment classes or recreational activities.
- Open Space/Rangers- Volunteers needed to assist in open space clean up and maintenance of the Regional Parks.
- Ravenswood Docent - Volunteers needed to assist the Ravenwood site with monthly historic tours and special events.
- Internships- Volunteer internships are available on a case by case basis. All internships with LARPD are non-paid positions. Internships are a great way to fulfill school credit along with getting to work in a recreational setting.
Call 925-373-5700 for an application!