Stay & Play Virtual Recreation
Stay & Play at Home with Livermore Area Recreation and Park District
Welcome to Stay & Play, Livermore Area Recreation and Park District's virtual recreation center. It is loaded with opportunities for learning, exploration, and FUN while you shelter-at-home. This site will be updated weekly with new educational opportunities, activities to do at home, social media challenges and special events, so remember to check back in with us often. During these uncertain times, we are committed to our mission: To provide the people of the Livermore area with outstanding recreation programs and a system of parks, trails, recreation areas, and facilities that promote enjoyment, lifelong learning, and healthy, active lifestyles. Stay safe and be well.
Have an idea for a virtual special event or activity you would like to share? Send an email to our marketing team for consideration.
Tag us on Facebook and Instagram and use #larpdstay&play to show us how you are playing at home. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel where we have new videos for you and your family to stay active and have fun together. Check in here and on our Facebook page for daily activities and challenges that are fun for the entire family.
Here you will find a listing of local instructors offering classes and programs that may be of interest to your or anyone in your family. The classes listed here are not provided by, nor in partnership with Livermore Area Recreation and Park District.
Virtual Field Trips
Here you will find options to have virtual storytime with readers from all over country! You will also find videos of storytime with our preschool and ESS teachers - they have missed your children during this suspension of programs.
Fun in Nature
Fun in Nature
Enjoy some fun with nature with projects, hunts, and videos from our LARPD Rangers.
Art, Music and Science
Keep It Moving
Keep It Moving
- Outdoor Light & Easy Aerobics - A combination of low impact aerobics, strength training and stretch for seniors that will help decrease your risk of falling and increase functionality with everyday tasks. Register Here.
- Outdoor Tai Chi for Seniors Level 1, 2 and 3 - Gentle exercise that integrates your mind and body. Proven through scientific study to increase flexibility, muscular strength and fitness. Promotes correct body posture, improved breathing, blood pressure and balance. Register Here.
- Outdoor Zumba for Seniors - Come join Zumba Gold where you can follow along to the beat of Latin and international music with Low-impact exercise. Beginners welcome and treat yourself to some YOU time! Bring water and wear comfortable exercise shoes Register Here.
- Virtual ZOOMba - Take a virtual zumba class with instructors Alice and Christina. Classes available for all fitness and skill levels. For ages 40 and over. Register Here.
- Chair Yoga - In this FREE class you will discover how to do yoga poses with a chair to help increase flexibility, balance and strength while enhancing mind-body awareness and the ability to relax. Classes are suitable for participants who do not want to get up and down from the floor.
- Line Dancing - This line dancing class is a great way to get exercise and have fun at the same time. Classes are available for beginners and intermediate students alike. In-person or virtual class options. In-person classes will be held outside at the Robert Livermore Community Center Courtyard. Enjoy fun music and learn to line dance! Register HERE.
- HIIT Virtual Workout - High Intensity Interval Training workout with Coach Brian
- Virtual Basketball Academy 2020 Vol. 1 - Basketball drills with Coach Brian and Coach Mike from Livermore Area Recreation and Park District
- Virtual Basketball Academy 2020, Vol. 2 - Shooting drills with Coach Brian and Coach Mike from Livermore Area Recreation and Park District
- Virtual Basketball Academy 2020, Vol. 3 - Defense and rebounding drills with Coach Brian and Coach Mike from Livermore Area Recreation and Park District
- Virtual Basketball Academy 2020, Vol. 4 - Passing drills with Coach Brian and Coach Mike from Livermore Area Recreation and Park District
- Hula Hoop FUN! - 5 Things you can do with your Hula Hoop from home with Taylor
- Kidz Love Soccer - Weekly soccer drills
- Yoga for Kids and Book Reading - My Daddy is a Pretzel - Creative Nature Playschool
In the Kitchen
In the Kitchen
Easy recipes for kids and parents to connect through cooking while staying at home.
Just For Fun!
Just For Fun!
Activities for all ages that are just for FUN!
Let us bring the fun into your home with our virtual special events. Enjoy themed activities and contests to engage with your kids and have FUN!
- Dogtoberfest - October 10-11- This annual event is going dog-gone virtual and will be held on-line the weekend of October 10-11! It will be a fun weekend full of exciting contests, virtual demonstrations, and a virtual vendor fair all for the enjoyment of you and your furry friends! A special Dogtoberfest web page will be available for community viewing beginning Friday, October 9, where you will have access to a listing of all dog/pet-centered businesses, rescues, and information- A one-stop shop for dogs!
- Mask Up For Livermore - September 14-18 - The City of Livermore, Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (LVJUSD), and Livermore Area Recreation and Park District (LARPD) are proud to announce the Mask Up For Livermore campaign, a robust effort to encourage mask wearing in Livermore. Wearing a face mask that covers the mouth and nose is an important way to help slow the spread of COVID-19. The "Mask Up For Livermore" campaign is a joint effort of these 3 agencies to support and protect the Livermore community. Along with physical distancing and regularly washing hands, masking up is the easiest way to slow the spread of COVID-19. Community members are invited to post their masked photos on social media and use hashtag #MaskUpForLivermore.
- 50 in 50 Fitness Challenge - August 29 - October 17, 2020 - Challenge yourself or your friends and family to a 50 mile fitness adventure! Complete 50 miles of any physical activity of your choice in 50 days. Run, hike, bike, skateboard, kayak - 15 minutes of any physical activity = .75 miles. Register by September 6 to receive a commemorative t-shirt. $10 resident / $12 non resident. Register Here.