Picnic Rental FAQ

No answers matched your search

Picnic Rental FAQ

For further questions regarding picnic rentals, please email facilities@larpd.org.

Intent to Use permit:

For 15-50 guests in neighborhood parks only. An Intent to Use Permit does NOT reserve the space.  No alcohol, bounce house, petting zoo, portable bathrooms or other additions.

Picnic Reservations:

Reserves the Picnic Space. For a gathering with 50+ guests.  For any gathering  with alcohol, bounce house, petting zoo, portable restroom or other addition. Reservations can only be made at Pole Barn, Hageman Park, Robertson Park (May Nissen is closed until fall of 2019).

A Picnic Reservation Permit is required when you have a group larger than 50 people and/or have a Bounce House, Petting Zoo, Portable Restroom and/or other addition. A Picnic Reservation Permit is required if you would like to reserve the location.

Groups of 50 or over require a Picnic Reservation Permit. Picnic Reservation Permits are issued for 3 locations: Robert Livermore Park, Hagemann Park and The Pole Barn. 

No.  Once the request includes a bounce house, the picnic will fall under Picnic Reservation Permit Process. There are 3 locations available, Robert Livermore Park, Hagemann Park and The Pole Barn.

A Picnic Reservation Permit is not required for groups under 50 unless, a bounce house, alcohol, portable restroom or other addition. A Picnic Reservation Permit is required to reserve the picnic space. Any group over 15, but less than 50 people will be required to have Intent to Use Permit.

Intent to Use Permit

Picnic Reservation Permit

LARPD will NOT issue Picnic Reservation Permits OR Intent to Use Permits at the following locations:

  • Cayateno Park
  • Almond Avenue Park
  • Livermore Downs Park 
  • Vista Meadows Park 
  • William J. Payne Park 
  • Max Baer Park 
  • Independence Park

Picnic Reservation Permit:

Please submit a completed Picnic Reservation Permit Application to facilites@larpd.org.

Picnic Reservation Permit Application

Intent to Use Permit:

Please submit a Intent to Use Permit Application to parks@larpd.org.

Park Intent to Use applications and Picnic Reservation applications will need to be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance. An application does NOT guarantee availability

No. You will need to use the BBQ pits that are in the park. Please do not dump any coals into our garbage cans, leave the extinguished coals in the BBQ pits. Park staff maintain the BBQ pits and will clean them out as necessary. 

Not in neighborhood parks. Picnic Reservation may allow alcohol, with additional fee and insurance. Please see our Picnic Rental page for more information about fees.

Alcohol Permit Link

According to LARPD’s Rules and Regulation, Any group of (15) people or more will need a park permit to conduct, organize, take part in or address, any meeting, organized gathering, celebration, parade, service, organized sporting events or any other group activity in or on District facilities or Parkland.

Sycamore Grove Park is maintained by the Rangers, please contact the Rangers to obtain a separate picnic permit for this location. Please call (925) 960-2400.

No. The excessive water and activity damages the turf.