Event & Marketing Coordinator
Under general direction, plans, directs, and oversees the operations and activities of facility event rentals; oversees the development, implementation, and coordination of facility rental requests and processes, which meet the needs of a diverse community; ensures facilities are properly maintained; and performs related work as required.
Supervision Received And Exercised
Receives direction from higher-level supervisory staff. Leads and directs lower-level staff and volunteers.
The Event & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for planning, overseeing, and directing the operations, services, staff, and activities of facility event rentals. Performance requires ability to work independently with initiative and discretion within established guidelines. This classification is distinguished from Marketing and Operations Supervisor in that the latter has overall administrative and operational responsibility for marketing, events, and facility rental activities and services.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Oversees the operations and activities of facility event rentals; serves as the principal contact for facility rentals.
- Coordinates facility leases and agreements; coordinates custodial, event, class, and program logistics.
- Implements marketing strategies to promote facility rentals.
- Receives and responds to questions and concerns from patrons; identifies issues and resolves problems or refers to supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and staff training.
- Oversees fee collection and accounting activities; reviews records and files to ensure proper accounting and documentation consistent with policies and procedures.
- Assists supervisor with budget development and management.
- Serves as District representative with external organizations; attends and/or speaks at meetings, community and professional functions, and conferences as assigned.
- Inspects and maintains program equipment; ensures that maintenance and repair needs are addressed.
- Performs complex administrative tasks related to marketing and facility rentals.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external customers.
- Assists with District special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, supplemented by two years or 60 units of college level coursework, in business administration, recreation, event management, or a related field; Bachelor’s degree desirable;
- Five years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, or event planning.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Principles and practices of leadership, positive reinforcement, and team dynamics.
- Principles and practices of marketing, event management, and facility rentals and operations.
- Sales methods, techniques, and negotiations.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Relevant laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Principles and practices for providing high level of customer service.
- Principles and practices of record keeping.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Modern office practices, methods, computer equipment, and applications related to the work.
- Coordinate and plan events, marketing, facility rentals and operations.
- Effectively provide staff leadership and work direction.
- Achieve revenue goals and manage expenditures consistent with identified goals and objectives.
- Assist with training.
- Monitor and enforce relevant laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Administer first aid, CPR, and AED as needed.
- Maintain order and safety in a crowded and noisy environment.
- Maintain facilities and equipment in a clean, safe, and secure manner.
- Perform work as directed in an efficient, effective, safe, and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records and reports.
- Respond appropriately to changing situations.
- Speak effectively in public.
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications:
- At time of appointment, California Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record maintained throughout employment.
- Completion of American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED training within six months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
Must possess: mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to operate a motor vehicle to visit various recreation and meeting sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Standing in and walking between work areas is frequently required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, calculator, and to operate standard office equipment. Incumbents frequently bend, stoop, kneel, and reach to perform assigned duties, as well as push and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 50 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
Incumbents work in both indoor and outdoor environments with moderate to loud noise levels. May work in controlled temperature conditions, cold and hot temperatures, or inclement weather conditions. Incumbents will interact with individuals in interpreting and enforcing rules, policies, and procedures.
Incumbents may be assigned an irregular work schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings, and holidays.
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Medical exam and drug testing clearance.
Date Adopted: 5/10/17 Job Code: 7260L FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Supersedes: Facilities Coordinator dated 6/26/96