Board of Directors Budget Workshop + Regular Board Meeting
Jun 12, 2019 at 5:30 PM
Robert Livermore Community Center
4444 East Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
Click for Directions
Board of Directors
Maryalice Summers Faltings
Welcome to the Board of Directors' Meeting
You are welcome to attend all Board of Directors' meetings. Your interest in the conduct of public business is appreciated. Any citizen desiring to speak on any item not on the agenda may do so under item 2 and Item 6 "Public Comment" when the Chair requests comments from the audience.
If you wish to speak on an item listed on the agenda, please wait until the item is up for discussion, the opening staff or committee presentation has been made, and the Board has concluded its initial discussion. Then, upon receiving recognition from the Chair, please state your name, and tell whether you are speaking as an individual or for an organization. Each speaker is limited to three minutes.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board of Directors after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the District office, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore, during normal business hours.
Pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, LARPD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in the provision of any services, programs or activities. To arrange an accommodation in order to participate in this public meeting, please call (925) 373-5725 or e-mail Lvanbuskirk@larpd.org at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2019
BUDGET WORKSHOP: (LARKSPUR ROOM) 5:30 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: (LARKSPUR ROOM) 7:00 P.M.
ROBERT LIVERMORE COMMUNITY CENTER
4444 EAST AVENUE, LIVERMORE, CALIFORNIA
- CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- BUDGET WORKSHOP
- Review of Preliminary FY 19-20 Operating Budget
- Review of Preliminar FY 19-22 CIP Budget
- ADJOURN TO REGULAR MEETING
- CALL TO ORDER - ROLL CALL - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- CONSENT ITEMS (Motion)
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of May 29, 2019
- General Manager's Monthly Report - June 2019
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS:
- PUBLIC HEARING ON REVISIONS TO THE DISTRICT'S BUDGET POLICY: The Board will receive public comments on the proposed revisions to the District's Budget Policy. After closing the public hearing, staff recommends approval of the Final Budget Policy by resolution. (Resolution) Resolution No. _____, a resolution adopting revisions to the Budget Policy.
- BOARD COMPENSATION: The Board will consider approving revisions to the District's Board Policy Number 4030. (Resolution) Resolution No. _____, a resolution approving revisions to Livermore Area Recreation and Park District's Board Policy Number 4030 for Remuneration and Reimbursement and revisions to Appendix A Compensation Guidelines for the Board of Directors.
- SALARY AND BENEFIT RESOLUTION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2019-20: The Board will consider approving employee salary and benefit levels for the Fiscal Year 2019-20, effective July 1, 2019. (Resolution) Resolution No. _____, approving employee salary and benefit levels for the Fiscal Year 2019-20, effective July 1, 2019.
- PRELIMINARY FISCAL YEAR 2019-20 OPERATING BUDGET: The Board will consider approving the District's Preliminary FY 19-20 Operating Budget. (Resolution). Resolution No. _____, approving the District's Preliminary FY 19-20 Operating Budget.
- PRELIMINARY FISCAL YEAR 2019-22 CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLAN (CIP) BUDGET: The Board will consider approving the District's Preliminary FY 19-22 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). (Resolution) Resolution No. _____, approving the District's Preliminary FY 19-22 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE DIRECTORS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE GENERAL MANAGER
- OPEN SESSION DISCLOSURE REGARDING CLOSED SESSION ITEMS PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.7
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - ANTICIPATED LITIGATION: Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) - one potential case
- RETURN TO OPEN SESSION; REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION - PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.1