Board of Directors
Welcome to the Board of Directors' Meeting
You are welcome to attend all Board of Directors' meetings. Your interest in the conduct of public business is appreciated. Any citizen desiring to speak on any item not on the agenda may do so under item 2 "Public Comment" when the Chair requests comments from the audience.
If you wish to speak on an item listed on the agenda, please wait until the item is up for discussion, the opening staff or committee presentation has been made, and the Board has concluded its initial discussion. Then, upon receiving recognition from the Chair, please state your name, and tell whether you are speaking as an individual or for an organization. Each speaker is limited to three minutes.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board of Directors after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the District office, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore, during normal business hours.
Pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, LARPD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in the provision of any services, programs or activities. To arrange an accommodation in order to participate in this public meeting, please call (925) 373-5725 or e-mail Lvanbuskirk@larpd.org at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2020
ROBERT LIVERMORE COMMUNITY CENTER
4444 EAST AVENUE, LIVERMORE, CALIFORNIA
Cresta Blanca Ballroom
- CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- DISTRICT-WIDE SPECIAL EVENTS: The Board will receive a presentation on LARPD's Special Events by Stacey Kenison, Marketing and Public Information Officer (Information)
- CONSENT ITEMS (Motion)
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of December 11, 2019
- General Manager's Monthly Report - January 2020
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS:
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CIP): RECOMMENDED PROJECT CLOSURES: The Board will consider accepting the Recommended CIP Project Clsures as complete, and authorize the General Manager to file a Notice of Completion with Alameda County. (Resolution). Resolution No. ____, accepting the following projects as complete: 446-SG Extension-Arroyo Del Valle Trail Bridge Connection; 432-Camp Shelly; 729E-Max Baer Lighting; 905-Bill Payne Park Master Plan; 442-RLCC Aquatics Center Renovation; 720-Robertson Park Synthetic Turf; 806-Altamont Creek Park Playground; 729D-Energy Efficiency Measures; 209-Ravenswood Upgrade; 327-Jane Addams Playground; 508-May Nissen Playground; 426-Big Trees Playground; 706-Pleasure Island Playground and authorizing the General Manager to file a Notice of Completion with Alameda County for the five projects that have contractual language requiring it: Project 442-RLCC Aquatics Center Renovation; 327-Jane Addams Playground; 508-May Nissen Playground; 426-Big Trees Playground; and 706-Pleasure Island Playground.
- DISCUSSION ON SUPPORT OF 2020 CENSUS: The Board will discuss the upcoming 2020 Census and provide direction to staff. (Discussion and Direction)
- 2020 COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS: Chair Palajac will make committee appointments for 2020. (Information)
- DIRECTOR ATTENDANCE AT 2020 CONFERENCES: The Board will review a list of 2020 conferences and discuss their desire to attend. (Discussion and Direction)
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE DIRECTORS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE GENERAL MANAGER
VIDEO - Board Meeting of January 8, 2020