Board of Directors
Welcome to the Board of Directors' Meeting
You are welcome to attend all Board of Directors' meetings. Your interest in the conduct of public business is appreciated. Any citizen desiring to speak on any item not on the agenda may do so under item 2 "Public Comment" when the Chair requests comments from the audience.
If you wish to speak on an item listed on the agenda, please wait until the item is up for discussion, the opening staff or committee presentation has been made, and the Board has concluded its initial discussion. Then, upon receiving recognition from the Chair, please state your name, and tell whether you are speaking as an individual or for an organization. Each speaker is limited to three minutes.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board of Directors after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the District office, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore, during normal business hours.
Pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, LARPD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in the provision of any services, programs or activities. To arrange an accommodation in order to participate in this public meeting, please call (925) 373-5725 or e-mail Lvanbuskirk@larpd.org at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2020
ROBERT LIVERMORE COMMUNITY CENTER
4444 EAST AVENUE, LIVERMORE, CALIFORNIA
- CALL TO ORDER - ROLL CALL - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- PROCLAMATION AND PRESENTATION
- The Board will present a Proclamation in Support of Census 2020.
- CONSENT ITEMS (Motion)
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of January 29, 2020.
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS
- APPOINTMENT TO PERSONNEL COMMISSION: The Board will consider making an appointment to the Personnel Commission. (Resolution) Resolution No. ____, appointing Sheryl Goodman to the Personnel Commission for the 2020-2024 term.
- CALIFORNIA SPECIAL DISTRICTS ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - BAY AREA NETWORK, SEAT C: The Board will consider whether to nominate a fellow LARPD Board Member or the General Manager for election to the California Special Districts Association (CSDA) Board of Directors - Bay Area Network, Seat C. (Resolution) Resolution No. ____, nominating ____________________ for election to the CSDA Board of Directors - Bay Area Network, Seat C, for the 2021-2023 term.
- RODEO STADIUM INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS: The Board will consider authorizing the General Manager to go out to bid for Project No. 729A for the construction of Rodeo Stadium Infrastructure Improvements. (Motion)
- PUBLIC HEARING: REVISIONS TO MEMORIAL AND COMMEMORATIVE POLICY: A public hearing will be held to receive public comment on the proposed revisions to the District's Memorial and Commemorative Policy. After closing the public hearing, staff recommends approval of the Memorial and Commemorative Policy by resolution. (Public Hearing and Resolution) Resolution No. ____, approving revisions to the District's Memorial and Commemorative Policy, Policy No. FAC-86-1007.
- BOARD LETTER IN OPPOSITION TO ASSEMBLY BILL 2093: The Board will review and consider approving a letter in opposition to Assembly Bill 2093, which will require all public agencies to maintain all transmitted emails related to agency business for at least two years. (Resolution) Resolution No. ____, authorizing the Board Chair to sign a letter on behalf of the Board of Directors of the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District to Assemblymember Gloria's Legislative Staff.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE DIRECTORS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE GENERAL MANAGER
VIDEO - Board Meeting 2/26/2020