Welcome to the Board of Directors’ Meeting
You are welcome to attend all Board of Directors’ meetings. Your interest in the conduct of public business is appreciated. Any citizen desiring to speak on any item not on the agenda may do so under Item 2 “Public Comment” when the Chair requests comments from the audience.
If you wish to speak on an item listed on the agenda, please wait until the item is up for discussion, the opening staff or committee presentation has been made, and the Board has concluded its initial discussion. Then, upon receiving recognition from the Chair, please state your name, and tell whether you are speaking as an individual or for an organization. Each speaker is limited to three minutes.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board of Directors after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the District office, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore, during normal business hours.
Pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, LARPD does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, age, or sexual orientation in the provision of any services, programs, or activities. To arrange an accommodation to participate in this public meeting, please call (925) 373-5725 or e-mail Lvanbuskirk@larpd.org by noon on the day before the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2022, 7:00 P.M.
NOTICE: Coronavirus COVID-19
In accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act (Cal. Gov. Code 54950 – 54963), as amended by Assembly Bill 361 (2021), the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District Board Members and staff will be participating in this meeting via teleconference. In the interest of maintaining appropriate social distancing, members of the public may participate in the meeting by teleconference.
We have also provided a call-in number, as identified on this Agenda, and encourage you to attend by Zoom or telephone.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or Telephone: +1 (669) 444 9171
Webinar ID: 891 3222 0805
- CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENT
During this comment period, any person is invited to speak on any topic that is not listed on this agenda. Action may not be taken on any matter raised during this public comment period until the matter is specifically listed on a future agenda. Those who wish to comment on an item that has been listed on this agenda may comment when that item has been opened for consideration by the Board and before any action is taken.
- CONSENT ITEMS (Roll Call Vote)
- Resolution No. 2764 determining to conduct meetings of the LARPD Board of Directors using teleconferencing pursuant to Government Code 54953 as amended by AB 361.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of September 28, 2022.
- General Manager’s Monthly Update to the Board of Directors on Issues and Projects – October 2022.
4.1 HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYSTS
The Board will be introduced to new HR Analysts Chelynn Watkins and Amber Maugeri.
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS
The LARPD Board of Directors will review and discuss taking appropriate action or inaction with respect to the following matters:
- LETTER TO THE BOARD FROM THE LIVERMORE STOCKMEN’S RODEO ASSOCIATION
The Board shall review and discuss the letter received from the Livermore Stockmen’s Rodeo Association dated September 27, 2022.
- INFORMATIONAL ITEMS (No Action Required)
- GENERAL FINANCIAL UPDATE
This is a standing item while the District operates under an emergency declaration. The General Manager and Business Services Manager will provide a financial update on current financial matters.
- COVID-19 PROGRAM UPDATES
The General Manager and Staff will report on programs in their respective departments.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE DIRECTORS
- MATTERS INITIATED/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE GENERAL MANAGER
- OPEN SESSION DISCLOSURE REGARDING CLOSED SESSION ITEMS PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.7
- CLOSED SESSION
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957
Title: General Manager
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency Designated Representative: Rod A. Attebery/Maryalice Faltings
Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
- RETURN TO OPEN SESSION; REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION – PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.1