We strive to ensure a safe and fun aquatic environment for our community, part of this involves your cooperation. When you visit either the Robert Livermore Aquatic Center or the May Nissen Swim Center, our Pool Rules are the basic guidelines that are expected from our guests. Guests will be expected to follow all posted rules and oral instructions from the aquatic staff at all times; failure to comply will result in being asked to leave the facility without a refund.
1. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible, actively supervising individual 15 years of age or older.
2. Active, responsible supervision is required for anyone under the age of 5, non-swimmers and anyone wearing a US Coast Guard Approved Lifejacket.
3. All patrons two years and older require paid admission into the complex.
4. Food and drink are permitted in grass and picnic table areas only. Ice chests, handbags, and backpacks are subject to search. Styrofoam coolers are not allowed. Due to the limited lawn and deck space, staff reserves the right at any time to limit and/or restrict the use of portable pop-ups/canopies and umbrellas.
5. Guests may bring ONE pop-up tent, no larger than a 10x10. Guests looking for a party space must refer to our “Splash Party” options. Aquatic staff have full authority to restrict the use of pop-up tents.
6. The following are prohibited:
a. Glass containers
c. Smoking/ Vaping
e. Running, horseplay, climbing on fencing, structures, or bleachers
f. Portable stereos or radios
g. Seeds, shells, and gum
h. Decorations: balloons or balloon arches, pinatas, confetti, etc.
7. Animals are not permitted within the facility, apart from service animals. Service animals are not permitted in the water.
8. LARPD is NOT responsible for any lost or stolen items.
9. Lifeguards have the discretion to limit an activity that may cause injury or inconvenience to others, as well as call for swim breaks.
10. Lifeguards will have full authority over patrons using the pool area and may enforce rules not listed as situations warrant.
11. We do NOT issue refunds or free passes if any of the pool rules are broken or if asked to leave the facility.
12. Individuals who are experiencing diarrhea or who have had diarrhea will not be permitted to utilize the Aquatics Facility or participate in any aquatics programs until they are symptom-free for 14 days.
1. No swimming when lifeguards are not on duty
2. No paper or cloth diapers are allowed in the pool. Swim diapers are required for those who are not toilet trained. Diaper changing is permitted in locker room areas only.
3. California Health and Safety Code (22 CA ADC § 65534) requires all guests to shower before entering the water.
4. Inflatable toys, flotation devices, water wings, masks, snorkel, and fins/tails are prohibited. Kickboards are only permitted for lap swimmers.
5. Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices are allowed. A limited number of lifejackets are available at no charge.
6. No hyperventilating or extended breath holding.
7. You must be 48” to ride the yellow water slide.
8. No diving in less than 6 feet of water.
- No running on or around the play structure.
- No head first sliding on slide or tunnels.
- No Climbing on pipes or handrails
During normal operation:
1. Laps swimmers must be 14 years or older
2. Lanes may be used for swimming laps, water walking, or water exercising.
3. Lane sharing and circle swimming is required.
4. Equipment must be used correctly and safely; kickboards are available for lap swimmers at no extra char
Lap lanes during recreation swim:
1. Patrons must be at least 12 to swim in lap lanes during recreation swim.
2. Lanes must be used for swimming laps only or you will be asked to move
3. Lane sharing and circle swimming is required
- SINGLE RIDERS ONLY! 1 person up to 300 pounds, at a time.
- Must be 48” tall to ride slide.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders.
- Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation is prohibited.
- Slide must be ridden feet first, on your back, with arms and legs inside the flume at all times.
- Riders must wait for lifeguard to give you the signal before starting the ride.
- Do not stand, kneel, rotate, spin, or stop inside the slide.
- At the end of the slide, obey all signs and instructions from the lifeguard and exit quickly.
- CAUTION: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride the slide.