Picnic Sites are available for Group Picnic Rentals
Reservations are available for Group Picnic Rentals. Once a reservation is confirmed, a permit is issued for the use of a specific location, date, and time. Please read below for more information.
- The following parks have reservable picnic areas available. Each of these parks has ample parking and restrooms. Scrool to the bottom of this page for more park info, including pictures.
- Big Trees Park
- Cayetano - Limited availability in Fall due to Fall Sports
- Independence Park - Limited availability in Fall due to Fall Sports
- May Nissen Park, three locations
- Robert Livermore Park - Limited availability in Fall due to Fall Sports
- Reservations (permits) are required when:
- you would like to book a specific date, time or location
- an organized event of 15 or more people will be present
- a bounce house will be present
- light alcohol (beer, wine) is present; hard alcohol is not permitted
- Rental season is March-October
- Reservation fees are non-refundable
- Neighborhood Parks - Parks outside of the four listed above are considered neighborhood parks. Neighborhood parks are not rented/reservable and are open to the community on a first-come, first-serve basis for small neighborhood gatherings. Large groups must book a reservable picnic area for their event (see above). Neighborhood parks do not have restrooms and parking can be limited. All rules below apply at ALL parks, including neighborhood parks. Bounces houses and alcohol are not permitted at neighborhood parks. Occassionally special event permits can be issued for a neighborhood park. Please forward questions regarding this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*In inclement weather, we will work with you to find an alternate date for your event. Refunds will not be offered due to inclement weather, including poor air quality.
The following is never allowed at LARPD parks and picnic areas
- Water Balloons
- Personal barbeques, campfires/bonfires, generators
- Glass containers, including bottles
- Driving or parking a personal vehicle on walkways or service roads
- Staking anything into the ground
- Carnival games, dunk tanks, animal rides, petting zoo
- Use of tobacco or tobacco-like products of any kind
- Standard 12x12 shade canopies are allowed, however, they must be secured with sandbags or water jugs
ApplicationFacility Rental Application _ Rules and Regulations_Fillable.pdf
- A completed application is required to reserve a picnic site
- Email completed applications to email@example.com
- Applications are accepted year-round
- Applications are processed in the order they are received
- Please note, until a reservation is confirmed, availability may change
- Once an application has been approved and paid for, a day-use permit with detailed information regarding your reservation will be issued
- A permit is required to have a bounce house at an LARPD park
- Bounce houses are allowed in some LARPD Group Picnic Sites with an additional permit fee
- Bounce house permits are only issued in conjunction with a picnic reservation
- Bounce houses must be provided by a pre-approved vendor (email firstname.lastname@example.org for list)
- Bounce houses must be placed in a pre-approved location. See map under Picnic Rental Locations below
- Standard 15x15 jump houses only
- The following inflatables are not allowed:
- Waterslides, Slip 'n Slides, Large slides
- Obstacle courses
- Personal inflatables and/or bounce houses
- Reservation fees are non-refundable
Food trucks and vendors are permitted at picnic sites when the following requirements have been met. Food trucks require a designated parking stall.
- Must have a current City of Livermore Business License
- Must have a current Alameda County Health Permit
Liability insurance is required for any reservation where alcohol will be present and/or for groups of 40 or more. The liability insurance fee is $200. This fee is based on market rate and is subject to change. Insurance policies must be purchased through LARPD. Personal policies are not allowed.
All reservations require a $100 security deposit. All food, debris, litter, trash, decorations, etc. must be properly disposed of prior to leaving the picnic area. Security deposits will be refunded back to the original form of payment. Refunds will be initiated within two weeks of the completion of your rental. Deposits will be forfeited for noncompliance of rental rules.
For more information
Additional rental Rules and Regulations information can be found on our Rental Application. For further assistance or additional information, please call our office at (925) 373-5720 between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM Monday-Friday. Please allow two business days for us to return your call. All calls and inquiries will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
|Picnic Reservation Fees|
|Group Size||District Residents Daily Rental Fee||Non-Residents Daily Rental Fee|
|40 or less||$75||$100|
|41 - 100||$150||$175|
|101 - 200||$200||$225|
|Additional Picnic Reservation Fees|
|Bounce House Permit (rental must come from our approved vendor list; see above)||$50||$60|
|Last Minute Request Fee||$50|
|Liability Insurance (required for groups of 40 or more and/or functions permitted for alcohol)||$200|
|Robert Livermore Park Sports Fields with Picnic Rental (Insurance required)||$25 per hour per field|
|Robert Livermore Park Baseball Fields with Picnic Rental (Insurance required)||$25 per hour per field|
|Robert Livermore Park Volleyball Court with Picnic Rental (Insurance required)||$15 per hour per court|
|Portable Restrooms||LARPD may require additional restrooms for large groups, fees vary|
Picnic Rental Locations
This 4.2 acre park features a tot lot, a new barbeque, a covered picnic area, and has a portable restroom onsite from March-October. The reservable picnic area is defined by the covered picnic space, the four (4) picnic tables, the barbeque, and the immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot.
This beautiful 10.5 acre park includes a reservable picnic area with eight picnic tables, two large BBQs, a multi-use synthetic turf field, a restroom building, a basketball court, walking trails, a large grass area, and a playground.
This park is used for youth sports activities, causing picnic availability to be limited. The online Availablility Calendar may not accurately reflect availability. Please email to confirm. Parking is limited at this location.
The 17.7 acre Independence Park features a large grass sports field (Kellman Fields), a tot lot, a permanent restroom, a large parking lot, and a reservable picnic area. This park has two areas we refer to as Upper Independence and Lower Independence.
Upper Independence is the upper area of the park near the tot lot and restroom building. Upper Independence is considered a neighborhood park and is not reservable. This area is open to the community on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Lower Independence is down the hill closer to the parking lot. The entrance to Lower Independence is off Holmes Street and the reservable picnic area is the area at the bottom of the hill to the left near the parking lot. This reservable picnic area is defined by the five (5) green picnic tables, the barbeque, and the immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot.
The 12.2 acre May Nissen Park is loaded with amenities making it a perfect location for any outdoor picnic or event. This park features a large grass area, a tot lot, basketball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, a dog park, and a permanent restroom building. It is adjacent to the May Nissen Swim Center and the City of Livermore Library, Rincon Branch. This park has three reservable group picnic areas -- May Nissen 1 (Main), May Nissen 2 (Tennis), and May Nissen 3 (Library).
May Nissen 1 (Main) is adjacent to the library, basketball courts, and parking lot and is the largest of the May Nissen picnic sites. This reservable picnic area is defined by the twelve (12) green picnic tables, two (2) large + covered barbeques, and immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot.
May Nissen 2 (Tennis) is adjacent to the recently renovated tot lot and tennis/pickleball courts and is popular with those that want to be close to the playground area. This reservable picnic area is defined by the six (6) green picnic tables, the barbeque, the horseshoe pit, and immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are NOT approved for this location.
May Nissen 3 (Library) is a small rentable space between the library and the playground and is the smallest of the May Nissen picnic sites. This is a great site for small groups and has a private feel. This reservable picnic area is defined by the four (4) picnic tables and immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed in the grass adjacent to the site. There is NO SHADE at this site. You may bring your standard shade tents (10x10 or 12x12). All shade must be weighted down with sand bags or other weights, no staking in the grass. Due to the smaller size and lack of shade, rental cost for this site is reduced by $25.
This 29.9-acre community park includes a reservable group picnic area, multi-use sports fields, a restroom buidling, baseball fields, four (4) lighted tennis courts, two (2) sand volleyball courts, and a walking trail. It is adjacent to the Robert Livermore Community Center and the Aquatics Center.
This park is used for youth sports activities, causing picnic availability to be limited. The online Availablility Calendar may not accurately reflect availability. Please email to confirm. This is a great option for weekday company picnics.