Picnic Sites are available for Group Picnic Rentals
Reservations are available for Group Picnic Rentals. Once a reservation is confirmed, a permit is issued for the use of a specific location, date, and time. Please read below for more information.
- LARPD has four parks with reservable picnic areas:
- Hagemann Park
- Independence Park
- Big Trees Park
- May Nissen Park, two locations
- Neighborhood parks not listed above are not reservable and are open to the community on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Rental season is March-October
- Reservations (permits) are required when:
- an organized event of 15 or more will be present in a group picnic area
- a bounce house will be present in a group picnic area
- alcohol is present in a group picnic area
- Reservation fees are non-refundable*
*In the event of inclement weather, we will work with you to find an alternate date for your event. Refunds will not be offered due to inclement weather, including poor air quality.
The following is never allowed at LARPD parks and picnic areas
- Water Balloons
- Personal barbeques, campfires/bonfires, generators
- Glass containers, including bottles
- Driving or parking a personal vehicle on walkways or service roads
- Staking anything into the ground
- Carnival games, dunk tanks, animal rides, petting zoo
- Use of tobacco or tobacco-like products of any kind
- Standard 12x12 shade canopies are allowed, however, they must be secured with sandbags or water jugs
Application2021_Facility Rental Application _ Rules and Regulations_Updated.pdf
- A completed application is required to reserve a picnic site
- Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are accepted year-round
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Please note, until a reservation is confirmed, availability may change
- Once an application has been approved and paid for, a day-use permit with detailed information regarding your reservation will be issued
- Bounce houses are allowed in some LARPD Group Picnic Sites with an additional permit fee
- Bounce house permits are only issued in conjunction with a picnic reservation
- Bounce houses must be provided by a pre-approved vendor (List coming soon; Call office for more info)
- Bounce houses must be placed in a pre-approved location. See map under Picnic Rental Locations below
- Standard 15x15 jump houses only
- Inflatables not allowed include:
- Obstacle courses
- Personal inflatables/bounce houses
- Reservation fees are non-refundable
Food trucks and vendors are permitted at picnic sites when the following requirements have been met. Food trucks require a designated parking stall.
- Must have a current City of Livermore Business License
- Must have a current Alameda County Health Permit
Liability insurance is required for any reservation where alcohol will be present and/or for groups of 40 or more. The liability insurance fee is $200. This fee is based on market rate and is subject to change. Insurance policies must be purchased through LARPD. Personal policies are not allowed.
All reservations require a $100 security deposit. All food, debris, litter, trash, decorations, etc. must be properly disposed of prior to leaving the picnic area. Security deposits will be refunded back to the original form of payment. Refunds will be initiated within two weeks of the completion of your rental. Deposits will be forfeited for noncompliance of rental rules.
For more information
Additional information regarding rental Rules and Regulations can be found on our Rental Application here. For further assistance or additional information, please call our office at (925) 373-5720 between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM Monday-Friday. Please allow two business days for us to return your call. All calls and inquiries will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
|Picnic Reservation Fees|
|Group Size||District Residents Daily Rental Fee||Non-Residents Daily Rental Fee|
|40 or less||$75||$100|
|41 - 100||$150||$175|
|101 - 200||$200||$225|
|Additional Picnic Reservation Fees|
|Bounce House Permit (rental must come from our approved vendor list; see above)||$50||$60|
|Liability Insurance (required for groups of 40 or more and/or functions permitted for alcohol)||$200|
|Robert Livermore Park Sports Fields with Picnic Rental (Insurance required)||$25 per hour per field|
|Robert Livermore Park Baseball Fields with Picnic Rental (Insurance required)||$25 per hour per field|
|Robert Livermore Park Volleyball Court with Picnic Rental (Insurance required)||$25 per hour per court|
|Pickleball and Tennis Courts||$5 per hour per court|
|Portable Restrooms||LARPD may require additional restrooms for large groups, fees vary|
Picnic Rental Locations
This 7.9 acre park features a large grass area, a tot lot, and has a portable restroom onsite from March-October. The reservable picnic area is defined by the five (5) green picnic tables, the new barbeque, and the immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot. Portable restroom location is marked with a BLUE dot.
The 17.7 acre Independence Park features a large grass sports field (Kellman Fields), a tot lot, a permanent restroom, a large parking lot, and a reservable picnic area. This park has two areas we refer to as Upper Independence and Lower Independence.
Upper Independence is the upper area of the park near the tot lot and restroom building. Upper Independence is considered a neighborhood park and is not reservable. This area is open to the community on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Lower Independence is down the hill closer to the parking lot. The entrance to Lower Independence is off Holmes Street and the reservable picnic area is the area at the bottom of the hill to the left near the parking lot. This reservable picnic area is defined by the five (5) green picnic tables, the barbeque, and the immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot.
This 4.2 acre park features a tot lot, a new barbeque, a covered picnic area, and has a portable restroom onsite from March-October. The reservable picnic area is defined by the covered picnic space, the four (4) picnic tables, the barbeque, and the immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot.
The 12.2 acre May Nissen Park is loaded with amenities making it a perfect location for any outdoor picnic or event. This park features a large grass area, a tot lot, basketball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, a dog park, and a permanent restroom building. It is adjacent to the May Nissen Swim Center and the City of Livermore Library, Rincon Branch. This park has two reservable group picnic areas -- May Nissen 1 (Main) and May Nissen 2 (Tennis).
May Nissen 1 (Main) is adjacent to the library, basketball courts, and parking lot and is the larger of the two May Nissen picnic sites. This reservable picnic area is defined by the twelve (12) green picnic tables, two (2) large + covered barbeques, and immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are approved for this location and must be placed per the map below as marked with the RED dot.
May Nissen 2 (Tennis) is adjacent to the recently renovated tot lot and tennis/pickleball courts and is popular with those that want to be close to the playground area. This reservable picnic area is defined by the six (6) green picnic tables, the barbeque, the horseshoe pit, and immediate surrounding area. Bounce houses are NOT approved for this location.