Skip to main content

Human Resources FAQ

May contain: flare, light, grass, plant, sunlight, reed, nature, outdoors, and sky
How do I apply? 

To apply for a job opening, please click on the current job posting job title through Job Opportunities and apply. We only accept online applications, and no longer accept general applications for positions that we are not actively recruiting for.

Can I apply by sending in my resume via email? 

The District no longer accepts General Applications or resumes. To apply, visit our Job Opportunities to view all open positions we are actively recruiting for. 

What do I do if I am interested in a position you are not recruiting for? 

The Livermore Area Recreation and Park District will only accept an application for a current job opening; we are no longer accepting General Applications. To view all current job openings, please visit the Job Opportunities page; this is updated when new position open within the District.

Do I need a work permit if I am under the age of 18? 

Applicants who are under the age of 18 will be required to submit a work permit to the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District. You will not be permitted to work with the District until this has been completed and a work permit has been issued from your school or school district. Please contact your school for further information. 

How will I be contacted regarding the status of the position I applied for? 

A District employee within the Human Resources Division will contact you either by phone or email. 

What benefits do you offer? 

Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to review the benefits we offer for the wide variety of District employment positions. Temporary and seasonal employees receive limited benefits. 

What is your retirement plan? 

Full-time exempt District employees are enrolled with the Alameda County Employees Retirement Association (ACERA). New employees are entered at Tier 4 with a minimum retirement age of 52 at 1% and a maximum retirement age of 67 at 2.5%. Full-time non-exempt employees are guaranteed 2% District contribution to a 457(b) and up to a 4% match.

What if I have questions for Human Resources? 

You may contact our division either by phone at 925-373-5700 or by email at An HR representative will get back within a 24-hour period during business hours of Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Do you offer volunteer opportunities and internships programs? 

The Livermore Area Recreation and Park District is actively seeking volunteer help through our programs, services, and LARPD Foundation. To find the best volunteer position for you, please feel free to visit our Volunteer page or join the LARPD Foundation.