This 2-acre neighborhood park was completed in 1970 and named after Al Caffodio (1908-1968), a longtime Livermore resident and businessman who promoted recreation activities for children. In 1952, Al Caffodio moved to Livermore and operated the Village Canteen on First Street, near the flagpole, and became the town's first convenience store. While he did not have children of his own, promoting sports and recreational opportunities for community youth was one of his passions. Among his most important contributions was the creation of the “Twin Valley Relays.” This annual event began in 1958 and brought together middle school boys and girls from Livermore, Pleasanton, and Dublin to compete in a series of track events. Local teams were the Junction Bulldogs, the Joe Michell White Eagles, the Marylin Roadrunners, the Fifth Street Flyers, the Saint Michael Saints, and the East Avenue Dolphins. Well-known Livermore participants included Fred Holdener, Tim Koopman, former Oakland Mayor Jean Quan, Fred Quarterman, and Phil and Eric Wente. This park was renovated in 2001 and features a tot lot, barbecue areas, and picnic tables.