Originally a major pasture for the Mission of San Jose, this land became public in 1835. Juan Pablo Bernal bought the land in 1848 and Martin Mendenhall was known to have lived here in 1852. This site was sold to August Hagemann in 1892 and he leased it to H.O. Ruter until 1916, when the Herbert Hagemann family took up residence. The house on the property is the oldest in Livermore, having been built in 1848 to house workers who rode the range and herded the cattle. In the early 1860-70s a brick yard operated on the slopes of the hill. The original park was constructed in 1983.
This park is now used for a variety of recreation opportunities with the District. The park features a reservable picnic area, a play structure, and a multi-use sports field. The reservable picnic area is available to rent from March to November of each year.