We strive to ensure a safe and fun aquatic environment for our community, part of this involves your cooperation. When you visit either the Robert Livermore Aquatic Center or the May Nissen Swim Center, our Pool Rules are the basic guidelines that are expected from our guests. Guests will be expected to follow all posted rules and oral instructions from the aquatic staff at all times; failure to comply will result in being asked to leave the facility without a refund.
General Pool Rules
- No swimming unless there is a lifeguard on duty.
- No running on the pool deck.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, smoking, vaping, gum, and illegal drugs are not permitted into the facility.
- No food or drink within 5 feet of the pool.
- No pets allowed.
- Children 11 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible, actively supervising individual 15 years of age or older within the facility.
- Children 5 years and under, Non-Swimmers, and children wearing a coast guard approved life jacket must be accompanied by an adult in the water within arm’s reach AT ALL TIMES. Children should not be left unattended.
- Babies and toddlers must be in an appropriate swim diapers at all times.
- Kickboards are for lap swimmers only.
- For your safety, you may be asked to take a swim test.
- Toys and swim equipment will be restricted at the discretion of the lifeguards.
- You must be 48” tall to ride the water slide.
- NO person with a communicable disease is allowed to use the pool.
- All persons not toilet trained must be in swim diapers.
- LARPD is NOT responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Lifeguards have the discretion to limit an activity which may cause injury or inconvenience to others, as well as call for swim breaks.
- Lifeguards will have the full authority over patrons using the pool area and may enforce rules not listed as situations warrant.
- We do NOT issue refunds or free passes if any of the pool rules are broken, or if asked to leave the facility.
- Individuals who are experiencing diarrhea or who have had diarrhea will not be permitted to utilize the Aquatics Facility or participate in any aquatics programs until they are symptom free for 14 days.
Activity Pool & Play Structure Rules
- No running on or around the play structure.
- No head first sliding on slide or tunnels.
- No Climbing on pipes or handrails
Lap Swim Rules
- During Recreational Swim hours patrons 12 and older may swim in the lap lanes if available.
- Patrons must be swimming in lap lanes. Lap Lanes are not for Recreation Swim.
- Lane sharing and circle swimming is required.
Yellow Water Slide Rules
- SINGLE RIDERS ONLY! 1 person up to 300 pounds, at a time.
- Must be 48” tall to ride slide.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders.
- Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation is prohibited.
- Slide must be ridden feet first, on your back, with arms and legs inside the flume at all times.
- Riders must wait for lifeguard to give you the signal before starting the ride.
- Do not stand, kneel, rotate, spin, or stop inside the slide.
- At the end of the slide, obey all signs and instructions from the lifeguard and exit quickly.
- CAUTION: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride the slide.